8th graders in Econ for Entrepreneurs kick off the 2017-18 academic year in the Innovation Lab!
To re-introduce the design thinking process, students are challenged to design and prototype a chair for a character from the TV show Scooby Doo.
- In small groups of 2-3, students are assigned to make a chair for a Scooby Doo character.
- Groups are given a description of their Scooby Doo character.
- Brainstorm different ideas.
- Create and sketch a chair design.
- Interview the Scooby Doo character (played their teacher)
- Apply feedback to new design of chair.
- Build a prototype of the chair.
- Informal presentation of chair to the class.